Sunday, June 24, 2012

20 Years After Rio

Servern Suzuki!

She is "the girl who silenced the world for 5 minutes" because she gave such an amazing speech twenty years ago (first video). It's interesting to see how she has changed and her views have changed after 20 years of activism. The second video is a little long but please watch it! It's so true and so close to how I feel about Rio +20. I can just be grateful that people like her are there speaking when so many other people, including myself, can't be. Our voices are closer to being heard thanks to her.

She also talks about the "Canadian" identity a lot and I agree with her. I think, though, that no matter what country we are from, as our countries ignore science, reason, and rational thought, our identities and our lives. Think about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment