Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Classes

Well, today was our first real day of class. Sadly, I am unable to be in the Holistic Health class because of my independent study, so my Tuesdays only really have spanish class. I have a little class, just 2 of us, so I am going to get good fast! The rest of the day I have been figuring out my independent study and planning for the year to come. I must say I am so excited for this year, I can't even describe it. I have spanish classes in the morning, a orientation seminar, a latin american studies seminar, and a writing seminar as my required courses. I am taking a global environmental issues and latin america course and doing an independent for my other credits. My independent study is going to be working in la carpio with children and their artistic inturpratations of the world around them. I am going to be there for a few hours a week working with younger kids doing painting, sculpting, writing, and all manor of artsy things. I can't wait!!!

I am setting in well here, I still love my host mom and Heredia is a cool place to be. It is a city, so I have to adjust to city life, but everything is going great! I will post again soon! Hope this finds you all well!

greta

No comments:

Post a Comment