Saturday, September 4, 2010

Costa Rica, here I am!

Hello all my friends and family!
Costa Rica is, well, amazing. My group has 21 kids from all over and spent the first few days together in hotel americana. Hotel americana was nice, with a shower the size of my bedroom and strangly american food. It was fun, and last night was our first night with our families. My family is just a woman, she is very sweet and takes good care of me. Her name is Julieta. She has a daughter who lives near san jose and two grandchildren she loves to talk about. I can't wait to meet them!

Today, we went to do some service work. We planted trees in the morning and had a great lunch. I notice how much people love to feed me here! After lunch we were suprised by a parade that passed by the church and we danced around the main field area. We than played games with the kids and eachother utill it was time to go. It was loads of fun and I made friends with lots of little kids who love to dance. Monday classes start, and I can't wait. So far everyone I met has been kind and helpful and I am feeling very safe. I have had no communications, but over the next few weeks it will become more regular. I will try to skype with some of you soon!!

much love,
Greta

p.s. It is raining. It rains all. the. time. here. And I don't really mind it!

No comments:

Post a Comment