Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Where I Ran Off To

Hello all two of you constant blog readers! I'M BACK. So sorry for my unplanned absence- when traveling internet is a bit of a rarity, I'm sure you understand. I have been having a delightful last week or so. I took a plane to Hat Yai and visited Prasit and Sermsee (two amazing family friends who parented me silly) in Songkla for a bit. After that I took the train to Bangkok where I met up with a few friends. I am now on Kho Lanta, a beautiful little island in the south of Thailand. I'm only in the country for a few more days which is really too bad. I am stoked for India, however. I can't really write everything I did, so here have some photos.
A floating market by the Malaysian border
Prasit displaying lunch
Helping to teach one of Sermsee's English classes
On the way to visit Prasit and Sermsee's home town and Prasit's family. Such a great Christmas!
A temple made totally out of bottles...
...they are mostly beer and liquor bottles, though some are from redbull containers.
This monk and I became friends. Even though we couldn't actually talk to each other. He gave me that puppet I'm holding.
The University's Sports day parade. Madness. I was a part of this by the way... I had to do Thai dancing... it was very comical.

No comments:

Post a Comment