Saturday, February 11, 2012

up to date!

Ello Ladies and Gents!
Just wanted to do a little check in. I am settling in here in Byron and just had a amazing bike ride/hike out to Broken Head with one of our teachers and his two kids- what a day eh? Earlier this week we went snorkeling and had a barbi (bbq) and class on the beach after. Needless to say I am very happy here. I am experincing my fair share of culture shock coming here from India (odviously) espeshally when it cones to money and the amount of money travelers here spend. All in all though I am feeling more and more settled and happy about it. Great classmates, house by the beach, hiking, biking, maybe even surfing! Next weekend is our first camping trip (it's actually 4 days) and I am pumped- hiking all day is what I'm about. That is one of the best parts of being here- I am in control of my diet and able to exersise in FUN ways. Getting in shape again is nice and I'm starting to tend toward being veg tough if I go more than 2 weeks I need a little chicken or fish.

Just heads up, I may not be posting a ton because, funny as it is, there isn't a ton of internet here and it's a bit pricey to pay for. I will try to at least update you on what I'm doing for the folks back on the ranch but other posts might be a bit spotty.

Anyways, of to read about permaculture.

g

No comments:

Post a Comment